Hart's Music

2.01.2009

I love music. At last count, I play 13 instruments. I wish I could just do music for a living. But the Lord hasn’t opened that door up yet. I love writing music. I only have a few songs with lyrics, because I’m not very poetic, and so I have a really hard time putting words to songs. But I am pleased with those few songs that do have lyrics. I also love writing instrumental stuff. A dream of mine is to write the sound track to a movie. I would like to make available to y’all some of those songs that the Lord has given me.

I know any musical gifts I have are completely from the Lord, and therefore, whatever I write is aimed at bringing Him ALL the glory! Some of these songs are more serious than others. But our God is so powerful, He can even be glorified through the “silly” songs. Enjoy!



(all songs are copyrighted under Waiting in Anticipation. you have my permission to download these songs and distribute. but if you make a profit off them, I want in!)


Juke Box:

Listen to my songs!
(fyi, My Sunshine is my favorite song)



Songs with lyrics

  • Arise My Lord (lyrics)
    When Vanessa and I first began dating, the Lord was leading her through a huge trial which was in the form of health problems. This was a song I wrote for her.
  • More and More (lyrics)
    Written the summer of 2006 while Vanessa was in Texas working at a Christian camp.
  • My Sunshine (lyrics)
    Written the summer of 2008 for Vanessa while she was in Nicaragua.
  • Right By Your Side (lyrics)
    Written for Vanessa as a Valentines gift (2006).
  • Sailor's Dream (lyrics)
    This was written by my best friend Charlie Mather shortly after he began dating the women he is now married to. He gave me the words and asked me to put it to music.
  • Take the Chance (lyrics)
    This was written to make fun of how silly it is when you are interested in someone, but you get too scared to go talk to them.


Instrumentals

  • Hart's 1st Symphony
    Technically this isn't a symphony, because I'm missing one movement. However, I do plan to re-record this one day, and at that point, I may add an additional movement to it!
  • First Version of "Glorious Ruins"
  • Second Version of "Glorious Ruins"
    I had the opportunity to compose and perform an instrumental (Gloriuos Ruins) on my sister’s CD in 2007 (Hannah Dixon - The Voyage). After coming up with the general idea of the song, I recored at home two different versions to give my sister to get her opinion. The final product ended up being a combination of these two different versions. You can hear a sample of the final version at her website. Also, when I recorded these two versions, at the time, Hannah was thinking of having "Glorious Ruins" lead directly into the song “Psalm 1″…hince why it changes from A minor to A. But she changed her mind, and decided to keep it in A minor to lead into the song "Fragrance".


(all songs are copyrighted under Waiting in Anticipation. you have my permission to download these songs and distribute. but if you make a profit off them, I want in!)